Kitchener-Waterloo Ontario Travel Accommodation: Choosing a Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfasts (in German, these are called "Pensions") are an inexpensive way to stay in Kitchener-Waterloo, and provide you the opportunity to see how the locals live.
Most are members of the the Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodation Association, and all are
required to be licensed by the City. Here are some of their more important standards:
- All Bed and Breakfast hosts are required to provide:
- a high standard of cleanliness
- good quality furnishings and linens in guest rooms
- an adequate number of bathrooms with sufficient hot water and high quality fixtures
- a breakfast of consistently high quality which is included in the room rate
- provisions for the safety and fire protection of guests consistent with provincial guidelines
- friendly guidance and assistance to guests about local attractions and places of interest
- All hosts shall have a reasonable deposit and cancellation policy.
- All hosts are required to carry adequate liability insurance.
- All hosts shall comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- All hosts shall provide accommodation, services and meals consistent with their own advertising.
- All hosts shall respond to guest complaints either verbally or in writing.
- All hosts agree to confer with the Complaints Committee of FOBBA regarding resolution of complaints.
- All hosts agree to implement any recommendation of the complaints committee.
- Failure to implement the recommendations of the Complaints Committee will result in withdrawal of the Federation Certificate of Membership.